Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
PLDT said it teamed up with both the national and local governments in providing connectivity to those displaced by the eruption of Taal Volcano. "Connectivity efforts are conducted by the PLDT Batangas Consumer Experience Zone and Provinc...
Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, Gen. Archie Gamboa appointed Maj. Gen. Cesar Hawthorne Binag as the new chief of the Directorial Staff, the police force's fourth-highest post. Binag, a member of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA)...
A new access road project will shorten the route between South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and Circumferential Road-6 (C6) once it is completed by March 2020. It is now being fast-tracked by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). DPWH...
The Department of Agriculture (DA) said it set up temporary shelters for rescued livestock animals to ensure animal genetic preservation in areas affected by the Taal Volcano eruption. In an interview with the Philippine News Agency (PNA) on We...
Light Rail Manila Corp. began a donation dribe for Taal eruption evacuees on January 21. Donations can be dropped off at the following LRT-1 stations: Baclaran Central Terminal Doroteo Jose Monumento Balintawak Roosevel...
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology Seismology (Phivolcs) said it is prepared to face the House of Representatives' investigation into its alleged lapses in issuing timely warnings on the Taal Volcano eruption. Phivolcs executive director Re...