Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The University of Caloocan City (UCC)-Camarin campus received a new fully furnished four-story building from the local government. The new building has 16 classrooms, five offices, and a library. Each classroom is furnished with blackboards and abo...
Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto distributed cash incentives to 110 college students who graduated with honors. Those who graduated summa cum laude received P30,000; magna cum laude, P25,000; and cum laude, P20,000. In a Facebook post, Sotto said he is ...
A Quezon City councilor has proposed an ordinance that provides cash rewards to individuals who give information on syndicates with illegal drug links. Fifth District Councilor Allan Butch Francisco said establishing the Informant Incentive and Rewa...
Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto proposed a three-fold increase in the city’s budget for medicines for 2020 to ensure wider access for patients. In a Facebook post, Sotto shared that he wants the budget for medicine to be raised to P253.5 million from t...
The Philippine E-Cigarette Industry Association (PECIA) and The Vapers PH have criticized the hasty passage of a House bill significantly raising excise taxes on e-vapor products and making the tax rates virtually the same as regular cigarettes. Bot...
A total of 820 inmates of the Manila City Jail received diplomas to signify the completion of their studies under the Alternative Learning School (ALS) system. This is part of the reformation program of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology tha...