Malabon readies 15-day barangay lockdown
Malabon City will implement a 15-day special concern lockdown in some barangays from July 16 to 30 due to the increase in COVID-19 cases.
Portions of Barangays Tañong, Longos, Potrero, Tugatog and Tonsuya will be affected by the localized community quarantine.
These areas are:
- P. Concepcion and Tumariz in Barangay Tugatog;
- University Avenue Extension and Guava Street in Barangay Potrero;
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Street and C4 Road in Barangay Tañong;
- Gozon Letre and Phase 1 in Barangay Tonsuya; and
- Block 14 A and Block 14 C in Barangay Longos.
Residents will not be allowed to leave their homes except if they are Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR) such as medical and health workers and other essential workers.
The local government said it will coordinate with the Philippine National Police, barangay officials and volunteers to ensure that safety protocols will be followed and the lockdown will be implemented well.
Residents will be given assistance by barangays for their needs, the city government said.
As of 12 p.m. of Tuesday, July 14, the number of COVID-19 cases in Malabon City reached 936. Of this number, 365 have recovered while 76 died.